Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer Flowers

It's so hot out there, I'm amazed that plants are still thriving. My hydrangea bush actually has a lot of blooms this year - so many that I had to cut some of them because the grass underneath is not getting any sun. I also had to cut some gladioli that I have out front because they were starting to droop. Which meant that I had plenty of fresh flowers to liven up our house. I have to admit that it makes our little cottage a little more cozier with punches of color.



I love Hydrangeas - here they are on my newly painted console, which I finished this week. Gotta love that faux bamboo! Here's the before pic:



I have the gladioli sitting on the bar counter which I use as my mini-office:



A few extra sprigs of gladioli on my stairway shelf:

No comments: