Thursday, July 10, 2008

All My Children

I definitely have a hoarding problem. I can't seem to stop buying stuff off of eBay or craigslist. I can't resist a good deal! Too bad I don't have space to put them - I live in 'The Smurf House' as my niece puts it - it's a 1950's cape cod with the tiniest rooms ever. (I love it, it's charming and cozy, but it doesn't leave enough room for my collection of furniture and home items. ) So I have a bunch of beautiful things in storage. Here are some of my 'children' that are currently in storage:

I got this midcentury lotus lamp off of eBay:


The same lamp is available at C. Bell and at 1st Dibs. I'm afraid to use it in my living room lest my 20-month old breaks it into a million pieces.

I'm also afraid he might break these babies I got from eBay:



I have been looking for these gourd shaped lamps ever since I saw those blue ones in Ivanka Trump's apartment. I love them - they are my Christopher Spitzmiller lamps on a budget.

And I have more lamps! I have these pagoda shaped lamps from HomeGoods:

I'm thinking of painting them white. They have fluted shades that are in this horrible red flocked with black damask-like fabric. Yuck. I think they should have linen or raffia-ish shades.

What do you think? Am I totally delusional for hanging on to these puppies?

No comments: